Date(s) - 01/11/2021
10:30 am - 4:00 pm
It’s that time of year again- there’s snow on the Mesa and it’s time to strap something awkward onto your feet and make it look good going down a steep, snowy slope!
Co-op participants may ski or snowboard, beginning their day with a two-hour lesson that starts at 10:30 AM, followed by unlimited skiing/riding after their lesson is over until the lifts close. Anyone who will be enjoying their very first time on skis or a snowboard MUST take a full-day lesson on January 11 in order to participate any of the following Mondays.
All participants must be 8 years and older, and register online with Powderhorn three days in advance. Registration information will be posted as it becomes available. We will share a free chaperone lift ticket/rental within the group each week via drawing. Please read all of the rules below.
REGISTRATION FOR MONDAY, 1/11/2021 IS CLOSED. TO JOIN THE GROUP ON ANY FUTURE DATES, YOUR CHILD MUST ALREADY HAVE EXPERIENCE. You may fill out the form at the bottom of this page if you would like to receive additional information about future dates.
The dates for 2021 are as follows:
Mondays: 1/11, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8, 2/22, and 3/1
Rates are as follows (Half-day 2-hr lesson):
*Lesson, ticket and rental $50.00
*Lesson, ticket or rental $45.00
*Lesson, rental $45.00
* Lesson only $42.00
Chaperone lift ticket $36.00
Chaperone rental $20.00
*Every PHAST student renting equipment will be provided a helmet at no cost.
Powderhorn Adventure Sports Training 2020/2021
All rules are subject to change based on state/county regulations. Please contact a co-op coordinator by completing the form above if you have questions about any of the rules below.
- Kids 8 years and older may participate.
- Minimum of 10 students to participate.
- First timers to skiing or snowboarding must participate in a full day lesson on the first day (January 11).
- Classes will have five participants. Our group must have at least 10 class participants each week.
- All reservations will be made online, and must be submitted 3 nights prior to our arrival date. There will be no add-ons after reservations have closed. Reservations will assure the Powderhorn has all necessary information for the rental, liability waivers, etc., and contact tracing if necessary.
- Payment will be made by a co-op coordinator, and all families will pay the coordinator back (on-site the day of, or online via a means like PayPal).
- Indoor time will be minimal; the gear shop will have everything as ready to go as possible.
- No one is allowed to hang out inside. If you will need a place to hang out for the day, we have an fantastic off-site option for $30 per family. Please contact a coordinator via the form.
- No belongings may be left indoors.
- Seating is now limited indoors and is reserved for those who are purchasing lunch on-site.
- Face coverings are required for indoors and also outdoors during lessons.
- Self-health assessments will be required prior to arriving. People experiencing COVID-related symptoms are asked to not come. Powderhorn employees are abiding by the same rule.
- All students must take a lesson; students may choose to ski or snowboard.
- The program is intended for those who work well in a group setting.
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to participate with a reservation through CDA (Colorado Discover Ability). Call (970) 778-5766.