Date(s) - 01/25/2021
10:30 am - 4:00 pm
It’s that time of year again- there’s snow on the Mesa and it’s time to strap something awkward onto your feet and make it look good going down a steep, snowy slope!
Co-op participants may ski or snowboard, beginning their day with a two-hour lesson that starts at 10:30 AM, followed by unlimited skiing/riding after their lesson is over until the lifts close. Anyone who will be enjoying their very first time on skis or a snowboard MUST take a full-day lesson on January 11 in order to participate any of the following Mondays.
All participants must be 8 years and older, and register online with Powderhorn three days in advance. Registration information will be posted as it becomes available. We will share a free chaperone lift ticket/rental within the group each week via drawing. Please read all of the rules below.
Complete the form if you are interested participating and/or for more details, including an off-site hang-out for non-skiing/boarding parents and children. (Powderhorn is not allowing people to hang out inside this year.)
The dates for 2021 are as follows:
Mondays: 1/11, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8, 2/22, and 3/1
Rates are as follows (Half-day 2-hr lesson):
*Lesson, ticket and rental $50.00
*Lesson, ticket or rental $45.00
*Lesson, rental $45.00
* Lesson only $42.00
Chaperone lift ticket $36.00
Chaperone rental $20.00
*Every PHAST student renting equipment will be provided a helmet at no cost.
Powderhorn Adventure Sports Training 2020/2021
All rules are subject to change based on state/county regulations. Please contact a co-op coordinator by completing the form above if you have questions about any of the rules below.
- Kids 8 years and older may participate.
- Minimum of 10 students to participate.
- First timers to skiing or snowboarding must participate in a full day lesson on the first day (January 11).
- Classes will have five participants. Our group must have at least 10 class participants each week.
- All reservations will be made online, and must be submitted 3 nights prior to our arrival date. There will be no add-ons after reservations have closed. Reservations will assure the Powderhorn has all necessary information for the rental, liability waivers, etc., and contact tracing if necessary.
- Payment will be made by a co-op coordinator, and all families will pay the coordinator back (on-site the day of, or online via a means like PayPal).
- Indoor time will be minimal; the gear shop will have everything as ready to go as possible.
- No one is allowed to hang out inside. If you will need a place to hang out for the day, we have an fantastic off-site option for $30 per family. Please contact a coordinator via the form.
- No belongings may be left indoors.
- Seating is now limited indoors and is reserved for those who are purchasing lunch on-site.
- Face coverings are required for indoors and also outdoors during lessons.
- Self-health assessments will be required prior to arriving. People experiencing COVID-related symptoms are asked to not come. Powderhorn employees are abiding by the same rule.
- All students must take a lesson; students may choose to ski or snowboard.
- The program is intended for those who work well in a group setting.
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to participate with a reservation through CDA (Colorado Discover Ability). Call (970) 778-5766.